Look after yourself and your colleagues
Support for individuals
We strongly recommend talking to family, friends and colleagues about how you are doing, even if you feel fine. If you aren’t doing so well, please ask for help. Looking after your mental health is a responsibility you owe to your friends, family, clients and colleagues as well as yourself.
- Talking to colleagues, friends or family
- Calling Vitae on 0508 664 981 for free, confidential and professional counselling
- Calling or texting 1737 for support from a trained counsellor
- Accessing resources from the Mental Health Foundation
- Using the contact and support resources and links on the Government COVID-19 website
- Contacting VCNZ or NZVA for advice and support.
For work-related issues, Employment NZ’s guidance on COVID-19 alert levels and the workplace is a useful resource for employers and employees.
Support for businesses
Businesses must take care of their teams. There is guidance for business leaders available, including guidance from Worksafe , the Government Health & Safety Lead and the Mental Health Foundation.
You can also visit our Wellbeing and COVID-19 page to read more about looking after your mental health during the pandemic.
Wellbeing & COVID-19