| Our vision is for New Zealand to have the world's most trusted veterinary profession. You can download a 1-page summary of our strategic plan here.
What we do
|The Veterinarians Act charges us with protecting the public interest by ensuring vets are competent to practise. We do this by:
- Registering vets who are properly trained and qualified
- Setting and monitoring the standards vets must meet
- Promoting high standards of veterinary education and conduct
- Accrediting and monitoring training institutions for vets
- Issuing vets with annual practising certificates
- dealing with concerns about vets' performance, professional conduct or health and taking action where necessary
- Advising and making recommendations to the Minister of
Agriculture and Massey University on things related to vets, veterinary
education and veterinary science.
|Our values summarise the way we work and what is important to us.
Ko te pae tawhiti whāia kia tata, ko te pae tata whakamaua kia tīna
- Care we are considerate and fair
- Collaborate we work as a team
- Adapt we develop ourselves and our services
Seek out distant horizons and cherish those you attain